IN ORDER TO COMPLY WITH THE CONSUMER RIGHTS ACT 2015 C.15 PART 3 CHAPTER 3 CHOICES HEREWITH CONFIRM THAT THE FOLLOWING FEES MAY BE APPLICABLE TO A TENANT WHEN CHOICES ARE ACTING AS AGENT IN THE LETTING OF A PROPERTY:
TENANTS PRE-TENANCY TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. We will ask for a minimum holding deposit of £500 to secure the property, subject to contract. Should you decide not to proceed with the let or application forms are returned later than 7 days or you fail referencing or withdraw for any other reason Choices reserve the right to charge reasonable expenses up to a maximum of £500 (details on request, see note 13: for example charges). If a prospective tenant or guarantor has given misleading information that cannot be construed as a mistake on an application we reserve the right to charge the full amount of the deposit against our expenses. PHOTO ID AND PROOF OF ADDRESS ARE REQUIRED FROM ALL TENANTS – COPIES OF WHICH WILL BE KEPT ON FILE. This must be provided before references are taken.
2. There will be a charge of £90.00 (inclusive vat) per person, including guarantors and permitted occupiers, for referencing and a credit check, plus a one off fee of £175.00 (inclusive vat) for the administration (which includes preparation of the tenancy agreement, inventory check-in and smoke detector test). These charges may be non refundable, details on application.
3. A full reference form must be completed by every person over 18 moving in, which requires details of current and previous addresses and any relevant landlords, employment details covering the last three years (or details of accountant if self employed), details of a character referee and your bank details.
4. Once we are in receipt of satisfactory references we will then confirm a date for occupancy (should your referees not respond in time we will not be held liable for any costs). You should not make any arrangements to move in unless this date has been confirmed to you by the lettings negotiator. A specific appointment must be made with the branch and inventory clerk for this to be confirmed.
5. You will receive a letter following satisfactory referencing to confirm your appointment time for a move in and check in, and what documents you must bring, Any tenants not attending on time or with appropriate documents may be charged for an abortive move in appointment.
6. On the agreed move in date all persons wishing to occupy the property must come to the office and sign the tenancy agreement including the Guarantor where applicable, you will be asked to bring documents from your check in appointment letter. Please note standing orders must be set up to leave your account at least three days prior to the rent date. It is your responsibility to ensure this is done in time for the next rent due.
7. We will then require the remaining security deposit (to total 1 & 1/2 months rent), the first months rent and any other relevant fees to be paid on the day we arrange for you to move in. This must be paid either by debit/credit card or in cleared funds (cash or bankers draft).
8. Once all parties have signed the agreement including the guarantor where applicable and paid the balance of funds we will release the signed tenancy agreement to you and you will be able to meet the Inventory Clerk at the property for a check-in and to collect keys. This appointment is made in advance based on the appointment made for you to come and sign the paperwork and if you need to make any changes to that appointment you must call the branch and arrange this at least 48 hours before your appointment, otherwise you may be charged for an abortive call out for the check-in at £60 inclusive of VAT which will have to be paid before move in can then proceed.
9. It is our Company’s utility management policy that most of our properties are supplied by our preferred supplier. You will be asked at move in to sign a form relating to Data Protection and your agreement to enable us to assist you and our Clients with the management of the utility accounts.
10. At the end of your tenancy once you have returned your keys we will check the original inventory and providing there are no dilapidation’s or damage to the property, your deposit will be refunded once we have seen proof that utilities have been transferred into tenants names and we have Landlord’s consent. A charge is made for check out of £95 inclusive vat.
11. The Security Deposit will be safeguarded by the Tenancy Deposit Scheme, which is administered by: The Dispute Service Ltd, PO Box 1255, Hemel Hempstead, Herts, HP1 9GN, 0845 226 7837, deposits(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)tds.gb.com, fax 01494 431123. All security deposits are held as shared equally by tenants unless otherwise informed.
12. Tenants peace of mind guarantee: Choices guarantee to give you a rent free period (or your share of rent free) for up to 3 months if you are off work due to sickness or accident, for which you pay a small additional premium rent. Choices will offer this to every tenant if it suits their needs and also provides an added service to our Clients and puts you forward as a tenant in the best position to protect their interests. Full terms and conditions available on request and these will form part of the tenancy terms and conditions.
13. Expenses may be charged by Choices if a tenant withdraws after paying a Holding Deposit. Example fees indicated below, all charges are inclusive of VAT and other charges may apply depending on individual circumstances.
- Viewing appointments (each) £95
- Taking of holding deposit and supply of Application forms £95
- Non return of forms within 7 days (to include follow ups by phone, email or other) £150
- Referencing completed and failed, or referencing passed but applicant withdraws £150
- Inventory prepared £150
14. The following fees may apply as appropriate during the tenancy (all inclusive VAT);
- Tenancy Renewal Fee (each tenancy renewal) £95
- Late payment fees (each occasion) £35 (court fees may apply)
- Check out Fee (end of tenancy – one off) £95
- Early Release Fee (if applicable one off) up to a maximum of £600
- Eviction fees (vary) example Section 21 eviction £600 (court fees may apply)
- Non registration of Utility Services (if applicable one off) £130
15. As an alternative to the above an equivalent amount may apply within the rent agreed. A rent premium of £480 on the first months rent or an agreed monthly premium for the duration of the tenancy may apply
Client Money Protection is provided by NALS – 01242 581712
Client Redress Scheme is provided by The Property Ombudsman – 01722 333306
Choices are members of the Tenancy Deposit Scheme – www.tenancydepositscheme.com